Thursday, September 17, 2026

last week's deluge of Democrats embracing anti-trans positions

Promotion image for my new essay. The text includes the title: "On Democrats Who Cave in Response to Anti-Trans Attack Ads (and more importantly: a response to all the cis people responding to the way that trans people are responding to said Democrats’ responses)" & my Substack website: juliaserano.substack.com. Background image is a young child, wearing a backwards baseball cap, grasps onto a chain-link fence, staring out onto what is on the other side of the fence (which is out of focus).
This is a cross-post from my Patreon. If you want to receive updates like this whenever I release a new essay, video, book, music, etc., you can follow me there for free (and please consider supporting my work for as little as $1/month!).

Hey folks, wanted to let you know about a brand new essay that I wrote in response to last week's deluge of Democrats embracing anti-trans positions. It reframes the issue, moving away from fixating on transgender people's reactions, and instead examining cisgender people's actions and assumptions that have created this dilemma in the first place. I make a couple important points in the piece that I have haven't seen made anywhere else.

It's called On Democrats Who Cave in Response to Anti-Trans Attack Ads (and more importantly: a response to all the cis people responding to the way that trans people are responding to said Democrats’ responses). You can read it at:

Medium (friend link that circumvents the paywall): https://juliaserano.medium.com/on-democrats-who-cave-in-response-to-anti-trans-attack-ads-f8039f50352a?sk=243fa05e1526d844ddc9adbe54eba8cc

or Substack (no paywall): https://juliaserano.substack.com/p/on-democrats-who-cave-in-response

As always, please share widely and give it lots of claps and likes and such! And thank you for supporting my working and making essays like this possible!

Once again, if you appreciate that I make this work freely available online, please consider supporting me on Patreon (for as little as $1/month)!