Saturday, November 19, 2022

Signed Books for Sale! (for the holidays or otherwise)

photo of Julia with her two most
recent books: 99 Erics & Sexed Up
It's that time of the year again, when you may be considering presents to get your friends and family (and perhaps for yourself as well). Which means it's time for me to shamelessly peddle my wares!

If you know someone who appreciates my past books, I bet they'll like my latest (and IMHO best) book Sexed Up: How Society Sexualizes Us, and How We Can Fight Back. It is currently available in hardcover, ebook, and audiobook — those links will take you to the Seal Press website, which offers a variety of outlets to choose from. Alternatively, you can (and should!) pick up a copy at your local independent bookstore — if they don't have it in stock, just ask them to order a copy for you!

While I'm not able to sell signed copies of Sexed Up at this time, it is possible to get signed copies of any of my other books — here's how:

I have two self-published books – 99 Erics & Outspoken – which you can purchase signed copies of directly from the "stuff to buy" page of my website for $25 (PayPal or credit card), shipping included (instructions via that link). The shipping will be through USPS Media Mail, which they say takes 2 to 8 business day to deliver – this means your mailing address must be in the U.S. to do this (if not, see alternatives below). Here's more about each of those books:

99 Erics: a Kat Cataclysm faux novel is a silly, surreal, sex-positive tale about a bisexual female absurdist short fiction writer who dates ninety-nine different people named Eric for literature’s sake. It was the winner of the Publishing Triangle’s 2021 Edmund White Award for Debut Fiction, an Independent Publisher Book Awards (IPPY) 2021 silver medalist in LGBT+ Fiction, and one of Kirkus Reviews’ Best Indie Books of 2021.

Outspoken: A Decade of Transgender Activism and Trans Feminism collects many of my trans-themed writings from 2002-2014, including my early slam poems, and numerous essays written contemporaneously with my books Whipping Girl and Excluded.

Julia holding her books, Whipping Girl,
Outspoken, & the Kat Cataclysm chapbook
My other two non-fiction books are Whipping Girl: A Transsexual Woman on Sexism and the Scapegoating of Femininity and Excluded: Making Feminist and Queer Movements More Inclusive. While I do not sell these directly from my website, I often give away signed copies of these books for my Patreon supporters. Specifically, for people who support me at the $20 level for three months, or people who support me at the $50 level (or higher) for one month.

(Note: these can be delivered internationally, and 99 EricsOutspoken are signed book options as well.)

Everything you need to know about doing this can be found on my Patreon site. If you do decide to join, you will be charged right away, and there's nothing to stop you from quitting your subscription once you've qualified for a free signed book. Or you could simply reduce your pledge for future months (to as little as $1) and thereby continue to access behind the scenes updates and exclusive Patreon writings like the ones listed at the end of this post.

So to summarize: You can order signed copies of 99 Erics & Outspoken from my website so long as you're within the U.S., or can be gifted signed copies of either of those books, or Whipping Girl, or Excluded, by supporting me on Patreon at the aforementioned tiers. 

If you get your orders in before December 9th, I should be able to get them in the mail & delivered to you before Christmas 2022 (although I can't 100% guarantee that, so the sooner you order the better). But these offers will continue to stand beyond the holiday season, so you can do this any time in the future you want.

Whatever you decide to do, thank you for supporting my work!