Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Girl Talk: A Cis and Trans Woman Dialogue 2011 video

Hello again, welcome to day three of "link week" (I missed yesterday), where I share links related to my writing and activism. Today's installment is quite overdue...

So as many of you know, over the last three years, I've had the honor of working with Gina de Vries and Elena Rose (aka, Little Light) to co-curate the annual spoken word event Girl Talk: a Cis and Trans Woman Dialogue. Unfortunately, the show has only occurred in the SF Bay Area so far (although we are hoping to bring the show to other cities & towns next year!). To date, the only way people from other places have been able to experience the show is through an mp3 audio recording (of questionable quality) of the 2009 show (a link to that recording can be found here).

*note: we hope to eventually make a similar recording of the 2010 show available at some point...

But now, thanks to the wonderful folks at Handbasket Productions, videos of the entire 2011 Girl Talk show can be viewed on YouTube! fyi, I was the emcee this year, so I did not contribute a piece per se. but I do give a several minute into to the event in the first "Girl Talk 2011 Intro" clip.

It was an amazing show, and it is all available to you via one simple link. Enjoy! -j.

No comments:

Post a Comment

***FYI*** I am no longer accepting comments on my blog. I explain all the reasons why on my aptly entitled blog-post I’m discontinuing comments on my blog. Here’s why....

If this post still has a "comment box," it is only because I overlooked/neglected it when I systematically locked all the comments. So please do not bother commenting, because I will automatically reject it. Please take no offense - it is a general blog-wide policy...