Tuesday, September 20, 2011

upcoming anthologies!

OK, welcome to day two of "link week," where I share links related to my writing and activism...

So today, I want to let folks know that I have pieces included in two anthologies being released this fall, both of which are about trans love/sex/relationships!

Trans/Love: Radical Sex, Love & Relationships Beyond the Gender Binary (edited by Morty Diamond, published by Manic D Press) includes pieces by Shawna Virago, Sassafras Lowery, Max Valerio, Silas Howard, Joelle Ruby Ryan, Ashley Altadonna, Cooper Lee Bombardier and others. My contribution, entitled "Cherry Picking," is about my many experiences with "virginity" over the course of my life.

for a preview, here is the amazon site for the book:
http://www.amazon.com/Trans-Love-Radical-Relationships-Beyond/dp/1933149566
but be sure to buy it at a local, independent bookstore if you can!

also, there are YouTube video excerpts for many of the pieces, including a video excerpt of my piece "Cherry Picking".

The second soon-to-be-released anthology I will be in is Take Me There: Trans and Genderqueer Erotica (edited by Tristan Taormino, published by Cleis Press), which includes pieces by Kate Bornstein, Patrick Califia, S. Bear Bergman, Ivan Coyote, Laura Antoniou, Helen Boyd, Rachel Kramer Bussel, Toni Amato, Alicia E. Goranson, Tobi Hill-Meyer, Gina de Vries and others. My contribution happens to be about my long ago brief experimentation with a certain designer drug...

for a preview, here is the amazon site for the book:
http://www.amazon.com/Take-Me-There-Genderqueer-Erotica/dp/157344720X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1314479942&sr=8-1
but be sure to buy it at a local, independent bookstore if you can!

also, you can read this post from Tristian's blog to find out even more about the anthology...

I will most likely take part in SF Bay Area book readings for both books this fall - I will let you know about those once I have more details...

that's it for now. more links tomorrow... -j.

No comments:

Post a Comment

***FYI*** I am no longer accepting comments on my blog. I explain all the reasons why on my aptly entitled blog-post I’m discontinuing comments on my blog. Here’s why....

If this post still has a "comment box," it is only because I overlooked/neglected it when I systematically locked all the comments. So please do not bother commenting, because I will automatically reject it. Please take no offense - it is a general blog-wide policy...